If I don't like it

If I don't like it,
'it' being anything I am told, especially if it is a scold

There are two options:
If I don't know the person, it wouldn't matter
But if I know the person,

 There are two options:
 If I don't know the person personally, it wouldn't matter
 But if I know the person personally,

  There are two options:
  If I know that they won't listen, it wouldn't matter
  But if I know that they will listen,

   There are two options:
   If I know that they don't know me as I am, it wouldn't matter
   But if I know that they know me for who I am,

    I'd tell them unabashedly with a calm dignity and a mischievous smile- I didn't like it.
    'It wouldn't matter' for the others cos I'd know it came from a limited vision,
    With this awareness:

   I'll tell them so too, who wouldn't care to know me for who I am; but they might throw a label again
  I'll tell them so too, who wouldn't listen; but they wouldn't understand and neither might they bother
 I'll tell them so too, who I don't know personally; but they'd miss the point and might call me names
I'll tell them so too, who I don't know at all; but they might throw a hundred more 'it's to not like.
Yet I'll them so because I'd know where they come from and thus wouldn't let it matter anyway.
Yes I'll tell them so because I'd like to help them through in expanding their horizons,
What else is there to do anyway?

All in all, the matter will end there itself without any matter,
no matter who it is and I'll be my cheerful self again.

If I love the person for who they are, there won't be a matter to lose heart over,
The matter of not liking itself wouldn't arise cos I'd be busy listening to start over.

So, that's how the matter of the moment would dissolve,
or in rare precious cases transform into a clue for a resolve.
That's how a reaction would transform making scope for creative action.
And that's how I won't let a mere reaction trouble me over inaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment