No Regrets



It is 7th June, 2012.
I am at Borivali railway station waiting for a train to get back home.
While I wait at the 4th platform,
A train glides in at the 3rd.
And I see the clouds lashing out their weapon with sudden fury- Rains. Very Heavy.
That created some sparks in the electrical lines supporting the Trainy at 3rd.
BAM!
3 times.
3 different spots.
Short circuit.
Rainy bashes Trainy! Ha!
While fellow beings on my platform were smiling and teasing the passengers in that train,
I felt a bit concerned like other silent few perhaps.
That train refused to move and the passengers were stranded (For how long- I know not).

Then comes gliding in 'our' train.
We get in.
The rains haven't had their fill it seems.
BAM!
Again.
Except that this time 'twas our turn.
STAMPEDE
All the ladies rushed out as if there was a ticking bomb in the coach.
FEAR feeds FEAR
The hysteria spread and in no time the train was empty.
IRONICAL
All those who were comfortably watching just a few moments ago went all hysterical when the same thing came upon them.

Now this is the most important part of the story.
I found myself extremely calm with the exception of a quickening of the beats of the heart which also surprises me.
My only concern was hoping that their silliness wouldn't end up actually killing someone.
Thankfully no.

I found myself thinking that if this was my last moment here on Earth, am I happy with the way I've lived?
YES.
Proof? I didn't feel the need to contact anyone or try to reach out to someone for whatever reason.
I knew I had given my honest best to everyone, each moment, all the time.
And there was no one to really catch up with or nothing to even regret.
Most of all, I have been true to my self each moment, if nothing else.
I am free!
Yay!

Rest assured (This is becoming my favorite tagline now)
I must tell you I found myself chuckling with a knowing smile recalling the dialogue from my favorite scene from Big Fish-
"This isn't how I die?!"
I couldn’t find the clip anywhere, so here it is for you from me:

So,
As sudden as the rain came, so sudden did it leave, exposing us to the glare of the sun.
And of course I didn’t die.
Our train says b-bye to the one at 3rd and glides away from its nemesis.

Coming home, I tell my parents about my awesome experience!
My dad quietly acknowledges it and doesn’t really say anything(I wonder what he had to say)
My mom as you might have guessed says that one shouldn’t talk about death like this and recalls and shares her sister's story who left Earth as a child very unexpectedly. I see where she comes from. 

But, I truly believe that this is the most important topic on Earth that you have got to reconcile to.
It is the only thing that can teach you how to truly live.
And I’m here to help :)

As insensitive as it may appear to you,
I wish to thank all those awesome souls who’ve left Earth ‘prematurely’ (though I’m sure knowingly) who have taught me how to live.
I dedicate this post to you- Taksheel, Jai, Dipen, Mahendra Masa.
You have lived a loving fulfilling life and have inspired me to do the same.
I’m sure you are having all sorts of adventures out there somewhere, following your dreams and I am very happy for you J Sending heartfelt gratitudal vibes to ye all.

I’d like to leave you with these lines from The Rose and the Yew Tree, A novel by Mary Westmacott a.k.a. Agatha Christie:

‘You’re going by Time. But Time doesn’t mean anything at all. Five minutes and a thousand years are equally significant.’ She quoted softly, ‘The moment of the Rose and the moment of the Yew Tree are of equal duration . . .’

All said, I really do wish for this movie - 'Death Makes Life Possible' to see the light of day.
I have pledged $2 here and hope you can contribute in your way too!

I welcome you to comment or share your views on the matter.
And any day, any time, any place, I'd be more than happy to hear your story!

Rowing on enthusiastically,
Greetings from Captain Thunderbolt,
See ye at the sea!



2 comments:

  1. http://innerapparition.blogspot.in/2011/03/die-satisfied.html
    dats my story..u said u want to hear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much for picking up the courage to share your story! All I can say right now is- acknowledged :)

      Delete