Dear heart,

Where are you?
I miss you.
It's been a long time I have felt complete. At ease.
I do things but there's always something missing.
It took me a long time to realise
To realise that it's because I have lost you somewhere.
I hope that at least you are having a good time
Good time exploring and feeling.
I hope he talks to you now and then
Cos he hasn't spoken to me about you.
So I worry whether he has you or not.

I find myself thinking most of the time but there's always something missing.
I don't get through things. All the way through.
Because I miss you.
I can't put my heart into anything.
Because lo surprise! I see that I lost you somewhere.
I talk to people and find myself in another dimension
Not paying attention or showing much of an interest
How I despise that! So rude. I can't help it though
I see now why it is so.
Though I try, but I find myself trying really hard
And it doesn't seem as easy at it used to be.
Too much effort, not as effortless as you used to make it to be!

The place you beat in once, now aches in your absence.
It implores me to find you and bring you back.
I have been feeling I am missing something.
And now I see that I am missing you.
Why did you go away?
Maybe you liked him more than me.
Well in that case, I hope you are having a good time
And I hope he talks to you now and then.
Cos he hasn't spoken to me about you.
So I worry whether you are with him or not.

You are my compass to discern what is right or wrong.
I've lost you and now I see myself just tagging along
You are my guide, a guide to my dreams and wishes
And now I wonder what is it that I dream of and wish for
Words come knocking in memory of what they were
But they are just words, as empty as the shell that you left behind.
I hope you carry them safe cos I intend to find you one day and remind myself
I think I know where you are, though I don't know if that's where you are indeed
If I can't find you soon enough, please come and find me
As I'm sure you wouldn't bear to see your once sparkling flame
Whiling away directionless and stumbling lame.

Well, I did think about making myself a new heart
But it wouldn't be as beautiful as you
You, with the brave scars of times misunderstood, healing me patiently
You, with the courage to face any eventuality that came only with age
You, with your angelic presence always making me feel loved
How can I create all of that anew?
So I decided that I'd rather have the void of you,
At least it holds some traces of you.
At least it'll remind me now and again that I have lost you
And that I need to find you
Find you and hold you close
To not lose you so easily
As now I know how in your absence I live now miserably.

I'm happy though to know what I've been missing
Gives me hope, gives me something to hold on to
Gives me some food to survive on, in the knowledge
that you are out there somewhere
And that I wish to find you.
Yeah, one wish true.
In the absence of you.
To find you.
And to not lose you.

Hey you. You, who are privy to this letter, hold your heart close; share what it holds as much as you like, with as many as you like but dare not lose it, cos it truly is your anchor when you are still and the compass when you are drifting about.
Well, I shall get back to searching for mine while you go ahead and enjoy talking to yours :-)



2 comments:

  1. Our hearts are a beautiful gift, regardless of their scars. In fact, their scars make them all the more beautiful...

    ReplyDelete