The Shirt Complaint


Complaining about the work you do is like complaining that the shirt you just bought does not fit and forgetting that you are the one who bought it in the first place! So when you find yourself complaining, just chup up your mind and remember why you bought the shirt in the first place.

But what can I do if I do not like it now?

Well, what do you not like about it now?

It does not fit me well!

Then why did you buy it in the first place?

Well, I liked the look of it!

Perhaps go back and exchange it for the size that fits you?

Naah, they did not have it in any other size.

Well, go back and exchange the shirt for another design?

No, I did not like any other. And I really do like this one actually!

Okay, so what do you want me to do now?
You want to keep the shirt and you want to go on crying about it.
You are so being unfair to the shirt who should be the one complaining actually!

X(  I am not crying...and I am most definitely not complaining! Just help me out here will you?

Well, as you say. Let's think for a moment- The shirt was what it was, the shirt is what it is. It's not the shirt's fault if you didn't have the time and patience to try it on before buying it eh?

Are you suggesting that it is my fault?

I am not suggesting anything. It is merely an observation. Perhaps it is you that does not fit this unique shirt then?

What do you mean? Are you saying I am fat?

Well, let's say your build is different from the build that the shirt was designed for?

I just cannot help it. It's a designer piece like none other and it's the only one that caught my attention!
It'll help me better if instead of playing around with words, you did your job and gave me a solution.

Well, if you really love this shirt as you profess so adamantly; you have four options:

1. Alter it to fit your size. This may ofcourse change its design and you may cry later that it has changed and is no longer like the one that you loved at first sight!
2. Alter yourself to fit in it. This may ofcourse change your design and you might just dump this shirt altogether after you see that you do not like this design anymore now that you see that you have more possibilities in front of you.
3. Alter yourself and the shirt to fit in the right places. This is only if you are stubborn enough to keep it and wear it until you tire each other out. And this takes some real effort and time and is impossible to succeed if you do not truly love and respect the shirt for what it is.
4. Just give it back so that it may find someone it fits better. Then take an honest look at yourself and understand your own size and design before venturing out to buy another shirt!

Now you have really confused me.

It is really simple actually. It's all about what you want and what you are willing to do about it without harming the essence of what it is that you want.

Bleah! You are mad. I'm gonna keep this as a souvenir until I figure a way out.

Yeah, and then it will rot sitting in your cupboard never knowing its potential of being used.

You are so damn annoying, I wonder if anyone told you that?

Oh yeah! But it does not matter to me because it's only a reflection of what you see.

Arrrghhh! Fine! I'll give the shirt back!

Whoa whoa, calm down. Take it easy. You're always running away from yourself and then you'll always end up buying things that don't fit you.

So that leaves me with what? Meditation? I don't have the time for it.

Well, then don't come to me when you cry again. Because we're gonna have the same dialogue over and again.

Jeez! You are impossible!

Oh yeah! I m possible XD

XD I gotta give it to ye- You're pretty manipulatively amusing.

Thank you.

Okay! So here goes to some honest pondering~
And dear shirt- you are really good you know? Maybe I just need to figure out what it is that I really want.
So, just stick around with me awhile until I figure that out, okay?

Okay! 

Cheers to honesty!

Cheers to honesty indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment